In many port cities, statues or other artworks honoring the contribution of dockworkers to the development and competitiveness of the port can be found. Some examples include:
- ‘De Dokwerker’ by Mari Andriessen in Amsterdam, the Netherlands in commemoration of the February strike of 1941.
- ‘Buildrager’ monument of the harbor worker by Constantin Meunier, near City Hall in Antwerp, Belgium. The words below the statue mean labor (arbeid) and freedom (vrijheid).
- Dockers statue by Les Johnson at the north side of the Royal Victoria Dock, London, UK.
- Statue on the Liffey in Dublin.
- Work by street artist JR in support of the dockers of Le Havre, France.
- The ‘Docker’ by artist Colin Miller, Jersey.