Ports in the 21st century are facing a series of new dynamics, which are investigated in this section. They are part of a geography with their location and operation subject to economic and technological changes. Port hinterlands have particularly been an emerging landscape for port-related activities, leading to their regionalization, the setting of corridors, and logistical platforms such as dry ports. The digital transformation of the industry and green supply chain management are also trends that have significantly impacted ports in recent years.
- Chapter 2.1 The Changing Geography of Seaports
- Chapter 2.2 Port Hinterlands, Regionalization and Corridors
- Chapter 2.3 Inland Ports / Dry Ports
- Chapter 2.4 Digital Transformation
- Chapter 2.5 Green Shipping and Supply Chain Management
- Chapter 2.6 Ports and Energy Transition
- Chapter 2.7 Ports and the Circular Economy