Jean-Paul Rodrigue is Professor at Hofstra University, New York. His research interests mainly cover the fields of transportation and economics as they relate to logistics and global freight distribution. Specific topics over which he has published extensively cover maritime transport systems and logistics, global supply chains, gateways, and transport corridors.
He is a board member of the University Transportation Research Center, Region II of the City University of New York, and is a lead member of the PortEconomics.eu initiative as well as of the International Association of Maritime Economists. Dr. Rodrigue was a member of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of Manufacturing (2011-2016). In 2013, the US Secretary of Transportation appointed Dr. Rodrigue to sit on the Advisory Board of the US Merchant Marine Academy, a position he held until 2018. He is also the New York team leader for the MetroFreight project about city logistics. In 2019, he was the recipient of the Edward L. Ullman Award for outstanding contribution to the field of transport geography by the American Association of Geographers.
- Notteboom T., A.A. Pallis, and J-P. Rodrigue (2021). “Disruptions and Resilience in Container Shipping, Ports and Supply chains: The COVID-19 pandemic vs. the 2008-2009 Financial Crisis”. Maritime Economics and Logistics, doi.org/10.1057/s41278-020-00180-5.
- Rodrigue, J-P, (2020) The Geography of Transport Systems, Fifth Edition, London: Routledge. 456 pages. ISBN: 978-0-367-36463-2.
- Rodrigue, J-P (2020) “Caribbean Transshipment in the New Panamax Era: The Case of the Port of Cartagena, Colombia”, in Y. Alix, M. Montantin and J.M. Pages Sanchez (eds) Dynamiques portuaires latino-caribéennes, Fondation SEFACIL.
- Rodrigue, J-P (2020) “Transport Modes and Globalization”, International Encyclopedia of Transportation, New York: Elsevier.
- Rodrigue, J-P (2020) “The Geography of Maritime Ranges: Interfacing Global Maritime Shipping Networks with Hinterlands”, Geojournal. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10708-020-10308-y
- Rodrigue, J-P and G.W.Y. Wang (2020) “Cruise Shipping Supply Chains and the Impacts of Disruptions: The Case of the Caribbean”, Research in Transportation Business and Management. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2020.100551
- Rodrigue, J-P (2020) “The Distribution Network of Amazon: Analyzing the Footprint of Freight Digitalization”, Journal of Transport Geography, Vol. 88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2020.102825